1. Heat a pan with desi ghee at medium-high heat.
2. When the ghee melts, add sevai and roast at low heat until golden in color.
3. Add the chopped almonds, cashews and raisins and stir fry for a minute.
4. Add milk and stir to mix. Cover and bring it to a boil. Let boil for about 7 minutes.
5. After 7 minutes, uncover and add saffron. Stir lightly.
6. Add sugar and khoya (homemade khoya used) - Watch How To Make Mawa / Khoya /khawa At Home
7. Stir and bring to a boil.
8. Finally add cardamom powder and stir.
9. Garnish with slivered almonds and cashews and serve as a dessert after a traditional Indian meal or during festivals or auspicious occasions.
Vermicelli, known as sevai in India is popular to make dessert called kheer. Check out chef Madhura showing how to make Sevai ka Kheer or Vermicelli porridge with Indian dessert flavorings and dried ingredients. Ideal for a festive occasion.
Sevai Kheer (With Khoya) Recipe Video, Indian Sevai Kheer