Lamb With Mint Raita
|Boneless lean lamb||8 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), pressed and mashed|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garam masala/Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled and chopped into small pieces|
1) Wash lamb and place on paper towels.
2) Slice lamb into 1/2-inch cubes.
3) In a pan, add oil and heat.
4) Add and lightly brown 2 cloves garlic.
5) Add the lamb and brown well and lower heat.
6) Add onion, keeping aside 1/4 cup for later use.
7) Mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
8) Mix in garam masala or curry powder.
9) Stir in 1/2 cup water and reduce heat.
10) Place lid over pan and allow to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Add water if all liquid gets absorbed.
11) For the raita, press in the left over 2 cloves garlic into the yogurt.
12) Mix in mint, keeping aside 2 teaspoons.
13) Add the cucumber and the remaining onion to the yogurt.
14) Add the lamb mix onto the plates, and add the raita around it.
15) Top with left over mint.