Yucatan Peanut Soup
|Olive oil/Peanut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Yams||1 Pound, rinsed and cut into chunks|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced|
|Chilies||3 , seeded and thinly sliced|
|Peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream/Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||3 Teaspoon|
|Toasted chopped peanuts||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, over medium temperature, heat oil and add yams, garlic, and chilies; sautÃ© for about 5 minutes.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups water, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until yams are soft.
3. Put the mixture into a blender container and blend to a liquid puree; return to pan.
4. Add peanut butter and heat almost to the boiling point.
5. Pour in cream, reduce heat, and cook just until hot through, but do not boil.
6. Pour into bowls and sprinkle cilantro and peanuts over each serving.