Indian Flat Bread
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. Coat a medium bowl with cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F
3. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and soda, stirring well.
4. Add yogurt, egg and milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms.
5. Onto a lightly floured surface turn mixture over and knead 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
6. Place in the cooking spray coated medium bowl turning to grease top.
7. Let it rise with cover in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 3 hours.
8. As the dough will nor double in bulk, Punch dough down, and divide into eight equal portions.
9. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll each portion into a 5- x 3-inch leaf shape, about 1/4-inch thick.
10. Place 2 baking sheets in the preheated oven for 5 minutes until hot.
11. Transfer dough to baking sheets and bake at 450° for 6 minutes until lightly browned.
12. Remove from baking sheets and let it cool on wire racks.
13. Serve the bread for breakfast coating with spread or as desired.