Tikhat Sev (Spicy Gathia)
|Chick pea flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1) In a bowl, sift together flour, chili powder, turmeric, salt and add in water and hing.
2) Beat the flour mixture together to make a smooth thick paste.
3) Using the finger lightly apply the inner side of sev press with water or oil.
4) Fill the press with the flour paste.
5) In a wok heat oil, and drop the thin strands of the flour mixture in the oil, by pressing the handle of the sev press.
6) Fry the sev over medium heat until red in color and crispy.
7) Remove the sev using perforated ladle and drain in bowl lined with paper towel.
8) Serve at room temperature with a cup of hot tea.
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 182.7 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 0.98%
Calcium 1% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet