Microwave Poha Chivda (Beaten Rice Namkeen)
|Thin poha||3 Cup (48 tbs) (beaten rice)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chillies||2 , finely chopped|
|Unsalted peanuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Roasted chana dal||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Citric acid||1 Pinch|
|Dried coconut flakes||2 Tablespoon, roasted (or shavings)|
|Cashew nuts||1 Tablespoon|
1) Put the poha in a shallow ovenproof dish.
2) Place the dish in microwave and heat on high for 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
3) In another ovenproof bowl, mix together oil and mustard seeds and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the green chillies, curry leaves, unsalted peanuts, roasted chana dal, coconut, cashews and turmeric powder.
5) Heat on high for 1 minute more.
6) Now add poha to the green chilli mixture stir well and microwave on high for 1 minute more.
7) Mix in the sugar, citric acid and salt to the chilli mixture, mix well.
8) Serve at room temperature with hot masala chai (tea).
This chivda can be stored in an airtight container for 5 to 7 days.