|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered cardamom||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil/Ghee||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, place sugar and water.
2) Heat the sugar mixture until the sugar melts, and the syrup gets slightly thick.
3) In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of ghee.
4) In a bowl place flour and add hot ghee, stir until the ghee spreads in the entire flour.
5) Stir in the water to flour, to make a soft dough, cover with damp cloth and set it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Divide the dough in 4 balls.
7) Roll each dough ball about 2 mm thick sheets.
8) Cut the rolled dough sheet into diamonds with the help spoon cutter or pizza cutter.
9) In a wok, heat oil or ghee and fry the dough diamonds until golden brown and crispy.
10) Drain and dip these diamonds in sugar syrup for 1 minute.
11) Using a perforated ladle, remove the diamonds from the sugar syrup and place on a serving plate.
12) Sprinkle with cardamom powder and serve.