Sweet Chakli For Diwali
|Rice flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Melted ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Clarified Butter)|
|Moong dal||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Puffed rice/Poha||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Jaggery||5 Cup (80 tbs), grated|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed nuts/Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon, sliced|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch (A big pinch)|
|Ghee/Oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1. Wash the puffed rice and squeeze dry.
2. In a large pan, dissolve the jaggery in coconut milk over a low heat. Take pan off the stove and let the mixture cool slightly.
3. In a large basin, mix together the remaining ingredients..
4. Add enough jaggery-milk to bind the flour mixture into a soft dough.
5. Spoon the dough into a chakali mold. You can use a piping bag if you don’t have one.
6. In a large work or deep fat fryer, heat enough ghee for deep frying to smoking.
7. Lower the heat and press the dough through the chakali mould into the sizzling ghee.
8. Deep fry over a slow fire till crisp and almond-coloured.
9. Drain the chaklis on paper toweling and let them cool and harden.
10. Store in airtight tins.
11. Enjoy them as a tea time snack, distribute them to your neighbors and serve them to your guests during Diwali!