Chettinad Kozhi Varuval - Chettinad Chicken Fry
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Prepare the marinade by grinding all 'marinade' ingredients together.
2) Marinate the chicken with this paste for a couple of hours.
3) Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions. When the onions are soft add the ginger-garlic paste and then the tomatoes. Fry until the tomatoes are soft and the oil comes out.
4) Put in the chicken, add a little water and cook until done and the water is evaporated. This will take about 15 minutes.
5) In a different pan heat some oil and fry the red chillies, curry leaves and the sliced onions. When onions begin to turn brown, add the pepper powder to the onion and mix it well.
6) Put the fried onion to the cooked chicken and give it a stir. The fried onions give a nice, smoky flavor to the dish.
7) Serve hot with all the things that I suggested above..