Home made Paneer
|Full fat milk||1 3⁄20 Liter (2 Pint)|
|Lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sauce pan, place milk to boil.
2. When it just starts to boil, remove off flame and add lemon juice.
3. Using a whisk, keep mixing till milk starts to curdle. Keep aside to cool.
4. In a large sized bowl, cover with muslin cloth.
5. Pour cooled curdled milk over muslin cloth and allow to strain.
6. Seal muslin cloth like a bag and keep to hang (place the bowl at bottom so that excess liquid can drip into the bowl).
7. Once all the excess liquid has drained off, squeeze muslin cloth once (to remove liquid, if any).
8. Place in a small flat dish/ tin (along with muslin cloth) and top with a heavy weight (like a stone etc). Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
9. Once set, cut into pieces and use as desired in recipes to make pulao, tikkas, cutlets etc.
You can also use 1 teaspoon citric acid to split milk, as an alternative to lemon juice.