Chana Dal Payasam
|Chana dal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked|
|Rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked|
|Jaggery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Milk||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Cashewnuts||1 Tablespoon, halved|
|Cardamom powder||1 Pinch|
1. In a pressure cooker, combine rice and dal. Mix well.
2. Add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till done.
3. Once cooked, remove and add jaggery and cardamom powder. Mix well and keep aside.
4. In a medium sauce pan, bring milk to boil.
5. Once boiled, add dal mixture and mix well.
6. Reduce flame and cook till payasam thickens.
7. Remove from flame and keep aside.
8. In a tempering pan, heat ghee.
9. Add cashewnuts and raisins and sauté for few seconds till golden brown.
10. Pour ghee along with fried cashews and raisins in payasam and mix well. Serve hot.