|For the dough|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the filling|
|Bengal gram||200 Gram|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil/For deep frying||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, place the Bengal gram and add enough water to soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
2) Drain the soaked dal and place into a mixer grinder to process to a smooth and thick paste.
3) Add all the spices to this paste and combine thoroughly. Place aside.
4) In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
5) Add the dal paste in hot oil and fry lightly by reducing the heat. Cook until the paste loses most of the moisture and has a dough-like consistency.
6) Transfer the paste on a bowl and keep aside.
7) In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt.
8) Add the oil and evenly mix into the flour mixture.
9) Gradually pour in milk and combine with the flour mixture.
10) Knead the mixture properly until the dough becomes smooth but little stiff.
11) Place the kneaded dough aside for 15 minutes, by covering.
12) Divide the dough in balls of 2-3-inch diameter.
13) Flatten each ball and make a well at the center by pressing with your finger.
14) Place 1 teaspoon filling inside the well.
15) Bring the sides together over the filling to cover and shape into a ball.
16) Slightly flatten the ball.
17) On a floured board, roll the ball carefully to a 4-5 inch round. Do not press too much while rolling, as the stuffing can come out.
18) In a deep skillet, add sufficient oil to heat up on high.
19) Just before the oil start smoking, reduce the heat to medium.
20) Place the round shaped dough to deep fry on both sides, until it turns light brown.
21) Drain the oil and place on paper towel to soak extra oil.
22) Repeat the drying process for each of the round-shaped dough.
23) Serve the Radhaballavi hot or warm with Alur Dam or Chholar Dal.
Calories 1507 Calories from Fat 867
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151.2%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg3.8%
Sodium 228.3 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.2%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 52.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet