Pakoras And Coconut Chutney
|Plain flour||150 Gram|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Potato||1 , chopped into cubes|
|Frozen peas||100 Gram|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Pinch|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Desiccated coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh green chilies||4|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
1) Gently heat the oil.
2) While the oil is heating, mix together all the remaining ingredients for the pakora in a bowl.
3) Add just enough water to make the mixture of a dripping consistency.
4) Into the moderately hot oil, drop spoonfuls of the pakora batter and fry for some minutes, occasionally turning, till golden brown.
5) Take the pakoras put of the oil with the help of a slotted spoon. Drain on a piece of kitchen paper.
6) To prepare the chutney, put the salt, coconut, green chilies and lemon juice in a blender. Blend for several minutes.
7) Put the pakoras on a decorative serving platter and serve warm with the chutney. Makes a really good snack and can also be served as an appetizer.