|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, saute the rice and onion in half the butter, until browned.
2) Remove and crush the cardamom seeds from pod and discard the outer pod.
3) Stir the crushed cardamom seeds into the rice along with bay leaf and saffron.
4) Then stir in the spices along with rest of the butter and other ingredients.
5) Cover and cook over a low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
6) Serve the Indian Rice with pork or chicken or any other meat.