Classic Indian Roti
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Make Dough)|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (To smear on top) (Optional)|
1. In a bowl, take flour.
2. Add water to the flour and knead it into a soft dough.
3. Heat a tava or griddle.
4. Make a golf-size ball from the dough.
5. Flatten it, dust it with the flour and start rolling it.
6. Roll it till it is of a desired size and put it on the hot tava or griddle.
7. When bubbles start forming, it is time to flip the roti. Let it cook for a minute.
8. Remove roti from tava and cook it directly on the flame. It will fluff up.
9. Flip on the other side and cook that side as well.
10. Smear butter over it, if you like it.
11. Serve Classic Indian Roti with dry vegetables or vegetable curry.