|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, saute the slivered almonds and rice in butter over a low heat, stirring continuously, until the rice is lightly browned.
2) Then stir in rest of the ingredients.
3) Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 25 minutes.
4) Remove from heat, cover and keep warm, until serving time.
5) Serve the Saffron Rice with chicken or with any other meat.
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 550.7 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet