|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, saute the slivered almonds and rice in butter over a low heat, stirring continuously, until the rice is lightly browned.
2) Then stir in rest of the ingredients.
3) Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 25 minutes.
4) Remove from heat, cover and keep warm, until serving time.
5) Serve the Saffron Rice with chicken or with any other meat.