Jama Masjid Style Chicken
|Whole chicken||1 Kilogram, cut into 8 large pieces or tandoori cuts (approx)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh yoghurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), whisked|
|Chaat masala||1 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the chicken and marinade it with turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder.
2) In a bowl place the chicken. Wrap and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours.
3)In a non-stick pan, place the chicken and cook on all sides over medium heat till the chicken is no more raw inside. Now, I wish a charcoal grill was as handy as a non-stick pan, I would have achieved 100% success :-(. But, if grilling the chicken over charcoal is possible for you please dont choose any other cooking option.
4)In another pan, melt the butter while the chicken is cooking.
5) Once the chicken is cooked transfer it to a deep bowl.
6) Immediately pour the melted butter, add the youghrt and sprinkle chaat masala over the chicken. Toss well.
7) Transfer to a serving dish and serve the chicken, pronto.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3031 Calories from Fat 2139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 239 g368.3%
Saturated Fat 98.5 g492.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 988.4 mg329.5%
Sodium 2791.6 mg116.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 195 g390.2%
Vitamin A 85.5% Vitamin C 36.2%
Calcium 36.2% Iron 62.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet