|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh ginger root||1⁄2 Inch, peeled and finely chopped|
|Creamed coconut||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Beef stock||1 Pint (600 ml)|
|Boneless lamb||1 Pound, cubed (450 g)|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander sprigs||2 (to garnish)|
1) In a pan, add half the amount of oil and heat.
2) Add onion and garlic and fry till onion turns transparent.
3) Add the ginger and coconut and lower heat, to cook gently for 2 minutes.
4) Add in the curry powder, stock, and seasoning and allow to boil.
5) Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) In another pan, add the leftover oil and add the lamb with a seasoning of salt, pepper and coriander.
7) Fry for 5-6 minutes stirring regularly till the lamb is well browned, then add to the coconut sauce.
8) Gently cook on low heat for about 1 hour, till lamb is tender, and then mix in the jam.
9) To freeze, cool and store in a sealable container.
10) To serve after freezing, allow to thaw for 4-6 hours at room temperature.
11) When required, pour into a flameproof casserole and gently boil, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
12) Place coriander sprigs to garnish.
13) Serve over a bed of hot rice, accompanied by tomato and onion salad, or cucumber raita.