|Sifted all purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required For Deep Frying)|
1) In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Gradually add the water to make a stiff dough.
3) Turn out the dough on a well-floured board and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth.
4) Shape the dough into about 48 small balls and allow to rest for about 20 minutes.
5) Roll each piece of dough into thin rounds, about 5 inches in diameter.
6) In a large skillet, pour in 1 inch deep oil and heat to 390° F.
7) Fry the rounds, 1 or 2 at a time, until golden brown on one side, then turn and fry the other side, until brown.
8) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels.
9) Serve the Puri warm with curry or dry cooked vegetables and chutney or pickel.