|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Carrots||2 Medium, scraped and thinly sliced|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Pint|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (Use As Desired)|
|Natural yogurt||2 Tablespoon, thick-set|
1) In a 2 pint bowl, place the vegetables along with 1/2 pint of hot water.
2) On high power, cook covered for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
3) With a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables.
4) In a blender, puree them until smooth.
5) To the stock in the bowl, return the pureed vegetables.
6) Now, add the tomato juice, remaining water, spices and the seasonings.
7) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes or until the soup starts bubbling around the edges.
8) Then, stir and cook for 1 minute and then mix in the yogurt.
9) Serve the Mulligatawny Soup hot, garnished with fresh chopped coriander.
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.87 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.98 mg0.33%
Sodium 124.7 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 119.3% Vitamin C 96.9%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet