Goan Pomfret Fish Curry
|Tamarind juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Malt vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Scraped coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole red chillies||6|
|Coriander seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Tablespoon|
1. Clean, wash and cut each fish into 5-6 pieces.
2. Slice onions and chop tomatoes.
3. Slit green chillies and cut into half.
4. Roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds and whole red chillies.
5. Make a fine paste of all the roasted spices along with tamarind juice, scraped coconut, ginger and garlic paste and malt vinegar.
6. Heat up oil in a pan, add in cut onions and stir fry till golden brown.
7. Add in green chillies and cut tomatoes, stir fry on a medium heat up for 3 minutes, stir constantly.
8. Add in the paste and 1 ½ cup of water, bring it to a boil and then mix in fish pieces and salt.
9. Stir fry on a low heat for about 5 minutes or till fish is just done.
10. Serve hot with steamed rice.