East Indian Rose Pudding
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched and sliced|
|Seedless raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick cooking farina||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rose water||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, heat butter.
2) In this, fry the almonds until brown.
3) To this, add raisins and saute them lightly, leaving them soft. Keep aside.
4) Now, in a saucepan, heat milk along with sugar.
5) To this, add farina and mix well.
6) Cook this mixture until thick, stirring as required.
7) Remove the pan from the heat.
8) Finally, add the flavoring and spices. Mix gently.
9) Into a serving dish, pour the pudding and serve warm, topped with the fried almonds and raisins.
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.8 mg8.6%
Sodium 120.2 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 55.6 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 38.1% Iron 41.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet