East Indian Rose Pudding
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched and sliced|
|Seedless raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick cooking farina||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rose water||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, heat butter.
2) In this, fry the almonds until brown.
3) To this, add raisins and saute them lightly, leaving them soft. Keep aside.
4) Now, in a saucepan, heat milk along with sugar.
5) To this, add farina and mix well.
6) Cook this mixture until thick, stirring as required.
7) Remove the pan from the heat.
8) Finally, add the flavoring and spices. Mix gently.
9) Into a serving dish, pour the pudding and serve warm, topped with the fried almonds and raisins.