Kacche Gosht ki Biryani
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (To Deep Fry)|
|Yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|1 inch cinnamon stick||2|
|Potli masala||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Rose petals||2 Tablespoon|
|Rose water||1 Teaspoon|
|Kewra water||1 Teaspoon|
|Wheat flour dough||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Seal As Required)|
1. Wash and cut the mutton into two inch sized pieces.
2. Pick, wash and soak the rice for half an hour. Drain and keep aside.
3. Peel, wash and slice onions
4. Remove stems, wash and chop green chillies.
5. Peel, wash and cut ginger into julienne.
6. Clean, wash and chop coriander leaves.
7. Clean and wash mint leaves and chop half of them.
8. In a kadhai, heat sufficient oil and deep fry sliced onion till golden brown. Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside.
9. In a bowl, take mutton pieces, add yogurt, garlic paste, ginger paste, chopped green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix. Add one third of the fried sliced onions and chopped mint leaves.
10. In another pan, boil water to cook the rice. Put peppercorns, cloves, green cardamoms, black cardamoms, cinnamon and potli masala in a muslin cloth and tie up in a small sack.
11. Add this sack to the boiling water. Add salt, caraway seeds and the soaked rice. Bring to a boil and cook till partly done. Drain and remove the potli.
12. In a thick bottomed vessel arrange half of the marinated mutton. Over it arrange half of the parboiled rice. Then half of the remaining fried sliced onions and half the ginger julienne.
13. Sprinkle half of the green cardamom powder, garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Tear half the remaining mint leaves and put. Pour half the pure ghee on top.
14.Dissolve saffron in warm milk and add half of it to the pan. Sprinkle half of the rose petals, rose water and kewra water. Repeat the layers once again.
15. Cover the vessel with a lid. Seal the lid with wheat flour dough.
16. Cook on high heat for five minutes then lower the heat.
17. Keep on a tawa and cook on low heat for forty five minutes.
18. Serve hot with a raita of your choice.
Calories 3160 Calories from Fat 1993
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 225 g346.2%
Saturated Fat 55.7 g278.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 311.4 mg103.8%
Sodium 622.6 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.5%
Sugars 31.6 g
Protein 92 g183%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 105.2%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 66.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet