Indian Style Wilted Greens
|Shredded endive||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded mustard greens||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded red chard||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled|
|Green chilies||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Turmeric||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced onion||1|
|Scallions||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into 1 inch pieces|
1) Wash endive, mustard greens, and chard under cold water.
2) Drain and keep aside.
3) In a large bowl add endive, mustard greens, and chard with enough water to cling to the leaves. Keep aside.
4) Place a large nonstick frying pan over low heat. Add oil and fry cumin for 1 minute.
5) Mix ginger, chili pepper, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, and pepper.
6) Stir and saute over low heat for 3 minutes.
7) Add onions and scallions.
8) Saute for 3 minutes.
9) Put large handful of the mixed greens.
10) Cook and stir till they shrink considerably.
11) Add remaining greens until thoroughly wilted.
12) Serve hot.