|Raw rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced onions||2|
|Broilers||3 Pound, quartered (2, 1.5 Pound Each)|
|Yoghurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , cut in very thin rings|
1) Rinse the rice thoroughly with cold water and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
2) In a casserole or Dutch oven, saute the onions and chicken in the butter, until brown.
3) Stir in the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, salt, and cardamom seeds, cook over a high heat for 10 minutes.
4) Drain the soaked rice and cover the chicken with the rice.
5) Pour over the broth and water to just cover the rice.
6) Place the green pepper rings over the rice.
7) Tightly cover the casserole, allow to boil and cook over a low heat for 35 minutes.
8) Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.