|Raw rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced onions||2|
|Broilers||3 Pound, quartered (2, 1.5 Pound Each)|
|Yoghurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , cut in very thin rings|
1) Rinse the rice thoroughly with cold water and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
2) In a casserole or Dutch oven, saute the onions and chicken in the butter, until brown.
3) Stir in the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, salt, and cardamom seeds, cook over a high heat for 10 minutes.
4) Drain the soaked rice and cover the chicken with the rice.
5) Pour over the broth and water to just cover the rice.
6) Place the green pepper rings over the rice.
7) Tightly cover the casserole, allow to boil and cook over a low heat for 35 minutes.
8) Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1343 Calories from Fat 661
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.7%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g144%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.2 mg106.1%
Sodium 2472.4 mg103%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 77 g153.4%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 113.4%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet