East Indian Rice Salad
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, julienned|
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Swiss chard||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Scallions||3 , julienned|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large non-stick pan, heat oil and saute the bay leaf and onions for 5 minutes.
2) Mix in the carrots and saute for a further 5 minutes.
3) When the onions have browned and the carrots have become soft, add in the cooked rice, Swiss Chard, raisins, scallions, lemon juice and nutmeg.
4) Cook the mixture for about 2 minutes or until the Swiss Chard softens.
5) Take the pan off the flame. Throw away the bay leaf.
6) Add in the cheese and let it melt into the rice.
7) Let the Rice Salad cool down to room temperature before serving.
8) Garnish the East Indian Rice Salad with finely chopped scallions.