Rava Saffron Kesari (Sooji Saffron Kesari)
|Sooji||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Saffron threads||2 Pinch|
1. Heat a tsp ghee in kadai, fry the raisins till fluffy(do not brown it), fry the cashew till light golden brown and keep aside.
2. In the same kadai, add the rava and fry in slow flame stiring continuously careful not to burn) for 5 mins till the raw smell goes, convert to a vessel.
3. Now add water in the kadai and bring to boil with a pinch of salt.
4. When the water is boiling, add the rava slowly continuosly stirring with one hand without forming lumps. Now add the saffron dissolve in milk.
5. When all the water gets absorbed and the rava is cooked well, start adding the sugar and keep stiring by adding ghee occasionallyand all while stiring.
6. Finally, when the kesari comes without sticking in the kadai, add the cashews, raisins and give a stir.
7. Add ghee on top and turn off the flame.
Note: I'v not added cardomom powder as the saffron threads alone would release excellent flavour to this kesari