Fruited Lamb Curry
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Banana||1 , diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 , cubed|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tart apples||2 , diced|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lamb loin||1 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the lamb into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Heat a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and add one tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the onions to the pan and cook till transparent. This will take about 5 minutes.
3. Add the apples, bananas, garlic, and curry powder to the same pan and cook on low heat till the apple is soft. This will take about 3 minutes.
4. Tip the mixture into a blender or food processor an add the tomato paste and stock. Puree this mixture well and then return the mixture to the saucepan.
5. Add the potatoes, bay leaf, and raisins to the pan and simmer again over low heat for 10 minutes.
6. In a large nonstick frying pan over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add the lamb. Brown the meat quickly
7. Discard the bay leaf.
8. Serve the lamb with the sauce immediately