Red Beans And Rice With Soy Sauce
|Dried kidney beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), washed|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed several times|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a saucepan place the beans, cover with water and bring to boil.
2) Remove from heat and let it stand for 1 hour, drain.
3) Cover with fresh water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
5) In another saucepan, put rice, 2 cups of water and remaining salt.
6) Cover and bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
7) Drain the rice, combine with beans, soy sauce and sake. Mix lightly.
8) Cover and cook over low heat until dry, for about 5 minutes.
9) Serve hot, garnished with scallions.