Rice with Mushrooms
|Long grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, washed finely chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shoyu sauce/Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Shoyu/Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. In heavy, 2-1/2-quart saucepan place rice add about 1 cup cold water and wash rice well, using fingers.
2. Pour off water, wash rice again and repeat until water is clear.
3. Add fresh cold water to cover rice about 1/2 inch—takes about 1-1/2 cups and soak rice for 1 hour.
4. Add remaining ingredients, cover saucepan tightly and place over high heat.
5. When steam appears around edge of cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
6. Serve with garnish as desired.
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.41 g0.62%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 579.2 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.99%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet