Curried Egg Puffs
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Before Measuring)|
|Egg spread||2 Tablespoon, curried|
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
3. Heat water to a boil in a saucepan, and add butter or margarine.
4. When melted, tip in the flour all at once, and stir vigorously until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan cleanly, and forms a ball.
5. Remove from the heat and cool for 1 minute.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat in each in turn thoroughly until mixture is smooth and glossy.
7. Drop mounds the size of small walnuts on the greased baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at the given high temperature, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake 10 to IS minutes longer.
9. Cool in the turned-off oven. When cold, cut tops off puffs with a sharp knife, and take out any soft dough with a teaspoon.
10. Fill the puffs with Curried Egg Spread. Replace tops of puffs if desired.