|Milk||1 Gallon (3.5 Liters)|
|Lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (4 X 1 Cup)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (4 X 3 Cups)|
• Bring one gallon or 3.5 liters of milk to a boil. When boiling add one cup of either whiter vinegar or lemon juice. Turn the
stove off. Milk should separate into whey and curd.
• Pour into collander, leaving only the panir/curd. Leave curd in strainer until cold and dry. This will take at least an
hour (you can leave it overnight).
• Place curd in food processor and process for one minute. It should be soft but not sticky.
• Form small balls from the curd. Using vinegar usually re- sults in about 80 to 100 rasagollas.
• Bring one cup sugar and 3 cups water to a boil in a pressure cooker. Place 20-25 rasgoolas in syrup. Turn off the
heat to place the cover on the pressure cooker. Turn heat on high. When cooker begins to whistle wait for a
couple of minutes, then turn it off.
• When pressure cooker depressurizes, remove cover and re- peat previous step with the rest of the rasgoolas. Do
not use the same sugar syrup more than once.