Creamed Lemon Rice
|Rice grain||3 Ounce|
|Round grain rice||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (use rind and juice)|
1) Pick the rice and wash them.
2) Bring the milk to the boil and add the rice.
3) Reboil, then lower the heat and simmer very gently, stirring occasionally for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is creamy and very soft.
4) Remove pan from the heat and stir in the sugar.
5) Separate the eggs and stir the yolks one at a time into the creamed rice.
6) Reserve the egg whites.
7) Stir the finely grated lemon rind and lemon juice into the rice to taste.
8) Take care not to make the lemon flavour too strong.
9) Set the mixture aside until cold, stirring occasionally.
10) Whisk the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the rice mixture.
11) Spoon into a serving dish and chill until ready to serve.
12) Serve with fruit compote or ice cream.
TIP: Creamed rice can also be preapred without lemon flavoring and egg.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.7 mg39.2%
Sodium 84.6 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet