|Cumin seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the soup|
|Chicken stock||944 Milliliter (4 Cups)|
|Chicken thighs||16 Ounce, trimmed of all visible fat and skin (4 Thighs, 4 Ounce / 113 Gram Each)|
|Extra light olive oil||1 Teaspoon (With A Dash Of Sesame Oil)|
|Sesame oil||1 Dash|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled, smashed and finely chopped|
|Dried lentils||118 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|White rice||236 Milliliter, cooked (1 Cup, Superfine Grind)|
|Yogurt||118 Milliliter, strained (1/2 Cup)|
|Lemon||1 , squeezed|
|Yogurt||59 Milliliter, strained, mixed with 1/4 teaspoon coconut essence (1/4 Cup, For Garnish)|
|Coconut essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||4 Teaspoon|
1) For the POP, take a small coffee mill and grind coriander, cumin seed, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric in it to a fine powder.
2) Allow the chicken stock to come to a slow boil and cook the chicken for 25 minutes in the stock until the internal temperature of the chicken registers 165°F (75°C) on a kitchen thermometer.
3) Take off the chicken and allow it to cool enough to handle and then debone it.
4) Make the chunks of meat into smaller pieces and set aside.
5) Strain and save the chicken stock.
6) Into a large stockpot over medium heat, pour oil and sautÃ© onion and garlic in it for 2 minutes.
7) Mix in curry powder, until the onion and garlic are well coated and the curry powder is warmed.
8) Stir in lentils, bay leaf and reserved chicken stock and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
9) Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
10) Discard the bay leaf and then mix in chicken meat and rice and warm through.
11) Into the soup, push 1 teaspoon of the POP through a fine sieve and mix in coconut essence.
12) Take off the soup from heat and then add in yogurt until well incorporated.
13) Ensure that the soup is not too hot for this step or the yogurt will curdle.
14) Mix in lemon juice, to taste, and the salt.
15) Pour the soup into individual serving bowls.
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 71.3 mg23.8%
Sodium 394.1 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet