Sweet Saffron Rice with Nuts
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Long grain rice/1/4 cup uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Boil the sugar and 1/2 cup water mixture on low heat until thick and syrupy for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add in the saffron and mix well.
3) In another saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat and add the cloves, and cook until the cloves start to sputter.
4) Now add the rice and sugar syrup, mix well, and add the nuts and raisins.
5) Reduce to a simmer and cook the mixture, covered with lid for 5 minutes.
6) Serve hot with some extra sprinkled nuts on top, if desired.