Mushroom Skillet Rice
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Long grain white rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Long-grain white rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion and rice and sautÃ© for 5 minutes until onion is limp and rice is transparent.
3. Add remaining ingredients except the parsley.
4. Stir well.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
6. Reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer rice for 20 minutes until tender and liquid is absorbed.
7. If uncooked, add a little water or stock and simmer uncovered until tender.
8. Use a fork to fluff up rice and lightly mix in the parsley.
9. Cover again and let rice stand in its steam for 5 minutes for the flavors to be absorbed.
10. Heap onto a serving platter and serve hot.