Sweet and Sour Lentils
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Red lentils/Green lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Parsley/Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lettuce leaves||1 (For Garnish)|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, add the chicken broth and the lentils. Allow it to come to a boil.
2) Turn down the flame and continue cooking for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the lentils just start to become tender.
3) Mix in the onions, oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper and parsley or cilantro. You may add less or more lemon juice and sugar as per your taste.
4) Gently stir the lentil mix to well incorporate all the flavors.
5) Lastly, sprinkle paprika and give the lentils a final mix.
6) On a serving plate, lay down the lettuce leaves. Spoon the Sweet and Sour Lentils over it.
7) This dish may be served warm or cold.