Candied Rose Petals
|Rose petals||3 Pint|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Collect petals when roses are in full bloom and dewy fresh.
2) Evenly spread on clean white cloth to dry.
3) Boil sugar and water together till the candy thermometer reads 270°F.
4) Take away from heat and add dried rose petals, ensure that all are well covered with syrup.
5) Leave petals in syrup until they have become somewhat moist and transparent, then carefully lift them out with slotted spoon, and put them in a sieve to drain.
6) Shake the petals at intervals to facilitate even crystallization.
7) When sugar-coated and cooled, arrange petals between folds of tissue paper and store in a cool place.
8) Use as required as a garnish or decoration for desserts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1935 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 500 g166.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 499.6 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet