Indian Chicken Curry
|Chicken||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces of your choice (750 Grams, With Bones)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tej patta||1 (Bay Leaf)|
|Dalchini||1 Inch (Cinnamon)|
|Brown cardamoms||2 (Moti Illaichi)|
|Onions||3 Large, ground to 1 1/2 cup paste|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander powder||3 Teaspoon (Dhania Powder)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped ginger||2 Tablespoon, ground to a paste with garlic|
|Garlic flakes||12 , ground to 2 tablespoon paste with ginger|
|Tomatoes||2 , pureed in a blender|
1. Wash and pat dry chicken. Transfer to a bowl. Add yogurt and salt. Mix very well. Keep aside for 1/2 hour at least.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed wok/ kadhai. Add 1 bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms. Wait for a few seconds till fragrant.
3. Add onion paste. Stir fry on medium heat till well browned. Reduce heat. Add red chilli powder, ground coriander and garam masala. Mix well.
4. Add 2 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, stir for 1 minute.
5. Put the chicken pieces along with the yogurt. Stir constantly for 8-10 minutes, till the water evaporates and the chicken turns dry and glossy. Try not to overlap the pieces while stirring.
6. Add the freshly pureed tomatoes. Cook for 7-8 minutes till oil separates and the tomatoes blend well.
7. Add 2 cups of water. Give 1- 2 boils. Cover and cook on low heat for about 7-8 minutes or till the chicken turns tender. Serve hot with bread or rice.