Curried Basmati Rice And Chicken
|Olive oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, peeled, finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, scrubbed|
|Carrots||2 Medium, scrubbed and diced|
|Celery ribs||2 , diced|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (Good Quality, 1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Water/Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Brown basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cored|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cored, seeded, and diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, cored|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, cored, seeded, and diced|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat and thinly sliced|
|Chicken breast||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Scallions||5 , trimmed and thinly sliced|
1. In a large Dutch oven heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-low heat and sautÃ© onion stirring it often, until it is soft.
2. Add the garlic and gingerroot and saute them, stirring them constantly, such that the garlic is fragrant.
3. Stir well the carrots, celery, a pinch of salt, the 1 tablespoon of curry powder, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, and cinnamon, cover the pot and steam-saute the stirring often, for 5 minutes.
4. Raise the heat, add the water or stock and bring the liquid to a boil.
5. Stir in the rice, cover the pot, reduce the heat and simmer the ingredients until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, approximately for 20 minutes.
6. In a large saute pan over medium-low heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© the red bell pepper and green bell pepper, until they begin to soften.
7. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of curry powder, stir the peppers well , then add the chicken and saute it, stirring it often, until it is thoroughly cooked.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the scallions.
9. To the rice Add the chicken and peppers, fluffing the rice with a fork.
10. Season the dish with salt and pepper and serve.