Sweet 'N Spicy Chicken Curry In A Hurry With Fragrant Basmati Rice
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), prepared to package directions|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Pan)|
|Chicken tenders||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced (Mild To Extra Spicy, To Taste)|
|Ginger root||2 Inch, minced or grated (Mild To Extra Spicy, To Taste)|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz) (About 2 Cups)|
|Mincemeat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Found On The Baking Aisle Of Most Markets)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Scallions||4 , chopped|
|Toasted coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced (Almonds Or Spanish)|
|Prepared mango chutney||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
1) To prepare spicy rice, in the bottom of a medium saucepan toast coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds.
2) As the seeds splutter, add water and boil.
3) Prepare the rice as per directions or prepare plain rice as usual.
4) In a large, deep, nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
5) Mix chicken and brown lightly.
6) Stir in garlic, ginger, onion, and sai.le together and cook for another 5 minutes.
7) Pour chicken broth and bring to a bubble.
8) Mix curry paste and mincemeat to it and reduce heat to medium low.
9) Sprinkle salt, to taste.
10) Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
11) In small dishes collect the toppings.
12) Put chicken curry in shallow bowls.
13) Pass with scoops of plain or spiced basmati rice.
14) Garnish with toppings of your choice.
Calories 751 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49 mg16.3%
Sodium 959.7 mg40%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet