Peanut & Lamb Curry
|Ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Green pepper||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), without skin, roasted or fried (To Garnish)|
|Coriander||2 , chopped (To Garnish)|
1. In a medium (2-quart) microwaveable casserole, add the lamb, breaking the ground meat chunks with a spoon.
2. Brown the meat in the microwave at HIGH for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat loses its pinkish color
3. Drain off the excess fat before adding the vegetables and the curry powder.
4. Cover the dish with its lid or with wax paper and place in the microwave.
5. Cook on high for about 5 minutes until onion is softened.
6. Add remaining ingredients except garnishes, to the meat mixture and mix well.
7. Re-cover and return to the microwave.
8. Cook for a final 10 minutes, or until curry is piping hot
9. Serve the curried rice in bowls garnished with peanuts and coriander if you like.