|Lentils||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked (1 Cup Dry)|
|Cooking liquid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Root ginger||1⁄4 Inch|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garam masala/1/4 teaspoon ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, ground|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the ginger until finely grated, remove and keep aside.
2) Add garlic and process until finely minced.
3) Add onion and process until chopped.
4) In a large pot, saute the garlic and onion in the oil over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes until soft and transparent.
5) Stir in the ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
6) Stir in the spices, stir constantly and cook for another 1 minute.
7) Stir in the lentils and cooking liquid, cayenne pepper and salt, cook for about 5 minutes and adjust the seasonings.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.