Chicken Tikka With Charred Tomato Chutney And Warm Flat Bread
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mild curry paste||1 Tablespoon (Found In Asian Section Of International Foods Aisle)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Cilantro leaves||2 , finely chopped to 3 tablespoon|
|Chicken tenders||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomato sauce/Tomato puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Packaged flat breads||2 (Sold Near Packaged Pita Bread In Market)|
|Romaine heart lettuce||1 , shredded|
1) Preheat grill pan or indoor electric grill to high.
2) In a shallow dish mix yogurt, curry paste, lemon juice and cilantro.
3) Add chicken tenders and coat evenly.
4) Before eating, put chicken on hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side till firm.
5) Keep a small heavy skillet on stovetop over high heat.
6) Add whole tomatoes to it and pan roast until charred on all sides.
7) Put in a food processor along with the tomato sauce.
8) Put skillet to heat and toast mustard, coriander seeds and crushed red pepper until they splutter.
9) Transfer seeds, flakes and few pinches coarse salt to food processor.
10) Pulse grind into a paste and transfer to a small bowl.
11)Blister and warm the flat bread quickly on the grill.
12) Place chicken on the serving dish with a bowl of tomato chutney.
13) Mound chicken on a flat bread, topped with tomato chutney and shredded romaine.
14) Pass with Potatoes with Cumin as a perfect side dish.