Rice Vada - Left Over Rice
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chickpea flour/Boiled chickpeas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh curry leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Ground peanuts||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Green chili paste||To Taste|
|Garlic paste||To Taste|
|Ginger paste||To Taste|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Salt||To Taste (If required only) (Optional)|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (1/2 - 1 tbsp as needed)|
|For frying the dumplings / vadas|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (For frying 3 - 4 tbsp oil used)|
1. In a bowl, combine chickpea flour, ground peanuts, green chili paste, curry leaves, coriander leaves, turmeric powder.
2. Add the cooked rice and about 2 tbsp of oil. Add salt if required.
3. Mix all the ingredients well with your hands, sprinkling very little water as needed (1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp).
4. Prepare small dumplings and set aside.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan, and fry the prepared dumplings at high heat. Reduce the heat once it starts sizzling, flip sides and fry until both sides are golden brown in color.
5. Serve these vadas hot with tea or with freshly cut salad.
Boiled mashed potatoes can also be used.
Lime juice and sugar may be added to the mix for added flavor.
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 114.5 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet