|Rice flour||3 Tablespoon, mixed with water to a smooth paste|
|Saffron||1⁄2 Teaspoon, soaked (Kesar)|
|Pistachios||2 Tablespoon, blanched & slivered|
1) In a heavy bottomed pan, boil milk.
2) Lower the flame, add sugar to the pan and stir till it dissolves.
3) Mix in the rice flour paste and Saffron. Continue to stir while the mixture thickens.
4) Once the mixture starts to coat the spoon your Kesar Phirni is ready.
5) Pour the phirni in shallow serving bowls and cool for 10min.
6) Refirgerate the phirni till serving time.
7)Garnish the phirni with pistachios and serve cold.
I like to add a pinch of turmeric to the simmering milk to give that intense yellow color to the Kesar Phirni.