Chapati flour/Whole wheat flour 1 cup and unbleached all purpose flour 1 cup
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Extra light olive oil
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Dusting)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour.
2. Add salt and oil. Mix it.
3. Keep adding water as required to make dough. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it is smooth and pliable. Cover bowl with a lid and let it set for 30 minutes.
4. In a deep frying pan, heat oil over medium high flame.
5. While that is heating, knead the dough again for a minute.
6. Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and make small round balls from it.
7. Take one ball at a time and make a round patty. Dust both sides and pour flour on your working surface as well as on your rolling pin.
8. Roll the patty to about a 4-inch circle.
9. Check whether the oil is hot enough and immerse the circle into it.
10. Cook the poori on both sides till it is golden brown in colour.
11. Remove the poori from oil and place it in a dish cover with paper towel.
Indian Poori is so favorite for my kids, that I prepare it quite frequently. I learnt this from one of my Indian friends. However, this video also shows you in detail the cooking procedure, from which you can easily learn and try out.