Indian Dal Tadka
|Arhar dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Tomato||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 , crushed|
|Green chilies||2 , sliced|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a pressure cooker, add washed dal along with 3-4 cups water, turmeric powder and salt. Let it cook till four whistles.
2. In a pan, heat ghee.
3. Once it melts, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and garlic.
4. Reduce flame to low and give a swirl to the pan in order to let the ingredients mix.
5. Once the garlic starts browning, add onions and stir it well.
6. Once the onions start looking transparent, add tomatoes to it. Stir it well.
7. Add boiled dal and increase the flame to high to allow the dal to boil for a couple of minutes. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes till the dal looks done and starts giving aroma.
8. Pour the dal in a bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
9. Serve Indian Dal Tadka with steaming hot rice or roti.