Rice Pilaf With Indian Spices
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, chopped, toasted|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), defatted|
|Quick cooking rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , finely diced|
|Pepper red||1 , finely diced|
1. Take a 3-quart saucepan over medium flame,
2. Sauté the almonds, garlic, pepper flakes and fennel seeds in the oil for 3 minutes.
3. Add stock, rice, carrots, bay leaf, and pepper in it.
4. Bring the mixture to boil and let it bowl against medium slow heat for sometimes.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed continue cooking.
7. Now fluff the rice with a stock.
8. Remove and set aside the bay leaf.
9. Serve the dish hot with other side dishes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1915 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.3%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18 mg6%
Sodium 960.1 mg40%
Total Carbohydrates 349 g116.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.1 g72.5%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 58 g116.5%
Vitamin A 286.6% Vitamin C 286.4%
Calcium 33.5% Iron 68.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet