|Rice||1 1⁄4 Kilogram|
|Jaggery||1 Kilogram, cut into pieces|
|Sesame seeds||70 Gram|
|Ghee/Butter||1 1⁄2 Kilogram (preferably ghee)|
1. Wash the rice once and soak them in water for 24 hours Drain water and spread it on a big cloth so that the water dries. grind to afine flour. Sieve the flour and keep aside.
2. Take jaggery pieces into a deep pan or cooker. Add 1 1/2 glass of water and bring toa boil. Boil the jaggery until it is of thick consistency (Take some water in a plate and pour some of the boiled jaggery to it. Roll with your finger. When it forms into a ball
shape, it is done)
3. Remove from heat when it is done. Mix well by adding small amounts of flour to it.Take care so that no lumps are formed. Add 3-4 tbsp of ghee to the flour mixture and keep aside.
4. Heat ghee in another pan. Make small balls from the jaggery mixture.
5. Apply ghee to a polythene cover, place a ball in the middle and press with your fingers to a circle. Also apply few sesame seeds on both sides.
6. Repeat this process for the remaining balls and deep fry in ghee until golden brown
in color and crispy.
7. Place them in an air-tight container. These will long for so many days.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.9%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g92.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg26.8%
Sodium 17.2 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.9% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet